DATE: Nov Sat 18
TIME: 10am – 5pm (with lunch break)
LOCATION: QG&W mezzanine art studio
General Drawing will enable participants to learn how they can approach drawing.
The emphasis will be on working directly from compositional arrangements inside QG&W’s studio. The workshop will be run by professional artist, printer and qualified art teacher, Joel Wolter who will guide participants through observation, light and shadow, as well as perspective so they grasp a basic understanding of how to draw an object.
The course will cover traditional and contemporary approaches to drawing and Joel will also reference artwork to demonstrate and encourage personal expression.
Materials will be kept to the basics – pencil, charcoal and a small variety of papers to keep the workshop simple and at a very ‘beginner’ level.
The workshop is ideal if a participant:
- wants to learn how to draw an object
- is considering a full workshop but not sure if they will like the technique
- would like to prepare for study in the area of drawing
- feels like doing something creative that does not involve digital input
- is curious about a drawing
- would like to try something new or different
- would like something creative to do with a group of friends, students
Participants can expect to:
- experiment with the drawing materials and hear about Joel’s approaches to drawing as he shows his personal journals
- gain a good understanding of drawing and associated materials, and tools
- learn about costs involved to further explore drawing
- receive a basic ‘shopping’ list and/or order their own materials