What is on offer?
Workshop 1: Solid bead making – Venetian style (Beginners – Intermediate) (1, 2 or 3 days)
Dates: Thursday 23, Friday 24, Saturday 25February, 2017 (LIMITED SPACES BOOK QUICKLY)
- Day 1: Venetian-style techniques for creating solid glass beads and creating even shapes.
- Day 2: Changing the shape of the beads and adding simple but interesting decoration (e.g. silver and gold application, fuming and reduction, rubinooro, red transparent glass, Latticina and zanfirico – making and using, Mosaic beads).
- Day 3: More complex decoration of the beads. Making and decorating glass rings. The specific focus will in part depend on the interest and skill levels of the student
Please note that the program will include demonstrations and it will be adapted and added to depending on the specific progress, interests and skills of those attending.
Tools: Bead mandrels, marvers, tweezers. Basic tools required will be provided.
Workshop Number 2: Hollow bead making – Venetian style. (Intermediate – Advanced) (1, 2 or 3 days)
- Monday 20, Tuesday 21, Wednesday 22 February 2017 (FULL – WAIT LIST ONLY)
- Monday 27, Tuesday 28 February; Wednesday 1 March 2017 (BOOKINGS NOW OPEN)
This workshop will focus on creating hollow beads using traditional Venetian furnace glass techniques adapted for use with a “baby pipe”. NB: This workshop is not suitable for beginners. You must have previous experience with making solid beads using Soda Lime glass to attend this workshop.
- Day 1: Venetian-style techniques for blowing transparent plain glass round beads and creating even shapes.
- Day 2: Changing the shape of the blown beads including creating long blown shapes and adding simple but interesting decoration.
- Day 3: Symmetrical and more complex decoration of the blown beads including use of Murrine in blown beads.
NB: You must attend Day 1 in order to attend Day 2 and 3.
Please note that the program will include demonstrations and be adapted and added to depending on the specific progress, interests and skills of those attending.
Tools: Three basic tools are required (Diamond scissor cutter, Carlo Donà Baby Blow Pipe and Tweezers. Davide will supply these for the class. At the end of the class you can buy brand new Carlo Donà tools from Davide if you choose.
Who is the opportunity for?Workshops in glass work
Who is providing the opportunity?Festival of Glass
Who is eligible and what is required?Beginning to advanced glass artists
What is the closing date or deadline?01/02/2017
How much does it cost?$400 per day
How do people book or get involved?APPLICATION PROCESS
If you would like to attend a workshop please complete the application form details. NB: you will need to supply a 50% deposit by the 30 October 2017 to secure your place. The remainder is to be paid by the first day of your workshop. Places will be allocated strictly on a first come basis and places are filling quickly.
Please complete this form and email to Doug Carson,firstname.lastname@example.org .The deposit can be forwarded to BSB 633-000, Acc No. 149762791. The account name is D.C.S.C.A.