What is on offer?
Portland Artist Residency Program Contemporary textiles residency 2016
Expression of interest – short term residency
Portland Artist Residency program is offering an opportunity for an emerging
to mid career artist to spend time developing new work and engaging with the local arts community in Portland.
This EOI is open to contemporary textile artists including expanded craft practice.
The artist may propose preferred dates that they wish to undertake their residency.
Residency between the dates May 1st —July 30th or November 1st—Dec. 15th
- 2 to 3 weeks short stay residency
- Free accommodation in the two bedroom self contained apartment
- Artists are expected to provide a negotiated community engagement event
- Access available to adjacent studios including portland bay press
The apartment is :
- A unique heritage building, fully self-contained, spacious and north facing
- Includes a large work space within the apartment
- Centrally located in Portland CBD and close to Portland bay and cafes
- Equipped with wifi internet
Please include in your submission.
- One page CV
- Up to 10 images of your work (maximum size 1 MB each)
- Brief outline of your intended work during the residency
(Please include your ideas for a community engagement event and your
preferred dates of stay)
Deadline for submissions: March 31st