What is on offer?
Now in its 52nd year, the Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition and exhibition provides a global showcase of the world’s very best nature photography. The competition reveals and champions the diversity of life on Earth.
Today the competition receives over 42,000 entries from 96 countries highlighting its enduring appeal. This year’s 100 award-winning images will embark on an international tour that allows them to be seen by millions of people across six continents. It features awe-inspiring images, from fascinating animal behaviour to breath-taking wild landscapes. Wildlife Photographer of the Year is developed and produced by the Natural History Museum, London.
The Geelong by Nature competition
The National Wool Museum invites you to “put nature in the frame” and show us life through your lens. Photographers of all ages and abilities are welcome to submit an original photograph showcasing our local wildlife.
All entries will be on show at the National Wool Museum from 14 January to 14 May 2017. They will also be uploaded to the National Wool Museum’s Flickr account.
Winners and a highly commended will be chosen in 2 categories:
- Young Photographer – 17 years old and under
Prize winners will receive a framed copy of their photograph and certificate.
How to enter:
Send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your entry must include:
- Your full name, email address, postal address and contact number [age if entering Young Photographer].
- One high quality digital image, between 1-2MB, as a JPEG or TIFF file.
- Entries Open: 1 November 2016
- Entries Close: 1 January 2017
- Winner Announced: 4 January 2017 – at the exhibition opening of Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- Exhibition Opens: 14 January 2017
- Exhibition Closes: 14 May 2017.
Credit image: 2015 Geelong by Nature Winner (Open) P Morrison
Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2016