What is on offer?
Mountain to Mouth 2018 Volunteers Wanted
Come volunteer and get your hands in the Earth and your feet on the ground together as the Mountain to Mouth and Geelong After Dark worlds collide on Friday 4th and Saturday 5th May 2018!
Mountain to Mouth (M~M) is Geelong’s multi-award winning extreme arts walk – an 80 kilometre biennial journey of discovery over two days. M~M 2018 will be held 4-5 May.
M~M begins at the You Yangs mountain range, crosses Geelong’s industrial heartland at nightfall and arrives in the city centre to collide with Geelong After Dark, a night of extreme and unexpected arts.
In the tradition of Wadawurrung traditional owners, M~M creates a contemporary songline across the Geelong and Queenscliffe regions. Artworks installed in Walking Circle landmarks feature at the 12 Songline Stations along the way.
You will be needed on or before 4-5 May 2018. We are looking for volunteers to perform the following roles:
- WALKER MONITORS – To help M~M walkers stay safe and on the path.
- WALKING CIRCLE VOLUNTEERS – To assist District Co-ordinators with the arrival and departure of Canoe and Flags, also helping escorting people in and around the Walking Circles
- STATION VOLUNTEERS – To assist in setting up and packing up the sites.
- SHUTTLE BUS DRIVERS – To drive M~M walkers between Songline Stations.
- ART-MAKING VOLUNTEERS – Various tasks determined by nature of artworks and in consultation with District Coordinators/Artists.
- M~M/GAD PROMOTIONS VOLUNTEERS – Promote the event in Central Geelong prior to the event.
- CANOE AMBASSADORS – (By invitation only) To carry Canoe, as part of a community team.
Register by this simple 3-step process:
Who is the opportunity for?All community members who would like to be actively involved in Geelong's very own world-class arts event.
Who is providing the opportunity?The City of Greater Geelong and its commnunities
What is the closing date or deadline?21/04/2018
How do people book or get involved?Visit mountaintomouth.com.au to learn about the event;
Submit your details by completing the online form (We'll be in touch with you to talk about your role).
Attend a Volunteer Briefing Session (essential) before the event (dates and times to be announced).