A Festive Season of Funding for the Clever and Creative
Posted 20 December 2018
If you think it’s time to put your feet up this Christmas… well, you’d be right!
But then its back to work over summer; because there are some great opportunities out there for the Clever, Creative Geelong region that will have you back on your toes in no time.
Here are just a few money spinners to stuff your stocking this summer:
- Performers’ Trust Foundation – one-off Grants to promote and encourage music and the music-related performing arts – The promotion and encouragement of the performing arts to the general public.
- Arts Fundraising Mentorships – The mentoring program offers an opportunity to work one-on-one with an experienced arts fundraiser. Over 10 months, mentors and mentees will work together to set organisational fundraising goals while developing skills, methodology and a strategy for fundraising.
- Summer Scholarships These annual summer scholarships support younger scholars undertaking postgraduate research, who require special access to the Library’s collections. Scholars spend six weeks at the Library, commencing in the second week of January each year. (we may be too late for this summer but worth a look)
- Plus 1 – a dollar-for-dollar matched funding program that helps not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations develop and run more effective fundraising campaigns.
- MATCH Lab is our matched funding program for independent artists and groups. It’s for artists looking to build their fundraising and arts business skills and run a fundraising campaign and provides dollar-for-dollar matched funding for fundraising campaigns.
- Innovation in Marketing Fund – provides one-off support for discrete marketing projects that explore different ways of engaging audiences, building brand awareness and increasing income for existing programs, products or activities within the creative industries. Targets small to medium sized organisations (less than 20 FTE staff, unless part of a Local Government Authority in Regional Victoria) within the creative industries. Cover Image.
For more you can pay a modest fee to subscribe to the Funding Centre Funding Centre members benefit from 24/7 access to Australia’s best grants database, customised newsletters and alerts and full access to our fundraising know-how and so much more. (Funding Centre is an enterprise of OurCommnity.com.au)
But wait there’s more:
The Copeland Foundation
Regional Development Victoria
National Library of Australia
Ian Potter Cultural Trust
Department of Communications and the Arts
I have a little list, and they’ll none of them be missed (obscure Gilbert & Sullivan reference) so you could also contact us here at the Arts and Culture Department, to supplement your hunting at the various sources in this list.