Event host applications open for Geelong Design Week 2021
18 March - 28 March
The City of Greater Geelong is inviting applications from organisations, community groups and individuals to participate as event hosts for Geelong Design Week 2021.
The theme is Unpredictable.
Event host applications are open from 3 August – 18 September at www.geelongdesignweek.com.au
The City is hosting virtual information sessions throughout the application period to support people who would like to find out more about hosting a Geelong Design Week event. Register for a free session at www.geelongdesignweek.com.au
Geelong Design Week 2021, to be held from 18 to 28 March, will celebrate how design can help us adapt and respond creatively to the unpredictable.
Events could include art and design exhibitions, workshops, virtual reality tours, fashion collaborations, sustainable building workshops, innovative dining experiences, projections, pop-up spaces and forums.
Events will showcase Geelong’s UNESCO City of Design designation, celebrating innovation, ideas and adaptations in:
- Technology, innovation and manufacturing
- Culture and heritage
- Social and community services
- Equity, inclusiveness and encounter in the built environment: how we experience buildings and the spaces between them
- Learning, knowledge and research
- Sustainability: human, social, economic, environmental and ecological
- Food and gastronomy
- Art, craft, fashion, visual communication and multimedia
With full event support provided by the City of Greater Geelong, this is an opportunity to engage with a wide audience and champion the creativity and innovation that makes Geelong a UNESCO City of Design.