- This event has passed.
PechaKucha Geelong Volume #1 Opening Night
28 March @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Please join us for “Opening Night”, the inaugural PechaKucha Night Geelong, Volume 1.
Presented by UNESCO Geelong City of Design, PechaKucha is a simple presentation format that is fast-paced and fun.
Imagine this: 20 PowerPoint slides, shown for only 20 seconds each. The slides advance automatically—so presenters have to keep up! Come hear 400-second stories about clever and creative design at this fun and informal event with creative professionals.
PechaKucha Nights are fun events hosted regularly in more than 1,000 cities around the world. PechaKucha presentations uncover unexpected talent and unexpected ideas. Some tell stories about a great project, some are incredibly personal, some are funny—but they are all very different.
Come enjoy a night out at Beav’s Bar Geelong with local creatives!
- Ewan McEoin, Senior Curator of Contemporary Design and Architecture, National Gallery of Victoria
- Catherine McMahon, Institute of Frontier Materials, Deakin University
- Melinda Clarke, The Melbourne Map
- Tonya Meyrick, School of Communication and Creative Arts, Deakin University
- Mark Godoy, Global Mountainwear Designer at Ripcurl
- Creative Geelong
*other speakers may be added to the program at late notice
Share this event with your friends and grab your tickets today. This is a free event with drinks available at bar prices. Please register your attendance via the Eventbrite link provided.