Learn how to design and create a stylish bead embroidery cuff, bookmark or embellishment for your glasses case.
Session 1: design and basic stitches (2 hours)
Session 2: finishing techniques and problem-solving (2 hours)
Skill level: suitable for beginning beadweavers, those new to the stitches used or those wanting a refresher.
Stitches: basic bead embroidery stitches for embellishing flat surfaces, capturing a cabochon and finishing the edges of the work.
Tuition: $80.00. This includes 4 hours tuition, full colour class notes.
Kit available: $25.00. Please indicate your colour preferences when booking the workshop. If you prefer you may bring your own beads and cabochon (please see requirements list below).
Material Requirements List:
- beading thread of your choice
- beading needles
- pencil, tape measure
- cardboard and two sided tape (Glenda will have available on the day)
- feature cabochon of your choice (approximately 25 – 35 mm diameter)
- mixed bead ‘cocktail’ in colours of your choice to match the cabochon including size 15/0 (about 10 grams), size 11/0, size 8/0 seed beads (approximately 25 grams), a mix of some 3 mm rounds or firepolished, bugles and/or lentils
- beadweaving foundation square (e.g. Lucy’s stiff stuff or Nicole’s bead backing)
- beadweaving backing material (ultrasuede or thin imitiation leather in dark colour
- metal cuff blank – sized to fit you (Glenda will have some available)
To book your spot either email or phone Glenda.