• How to prime, sketch, gild and paint an icon
• The traditional technique of gesso and egg tempera
• Use of powder pigments, their content and formulation
• Colour combinations and composition problem solving
• Practical hints and new materials to make your work easy
Each participant will complete their own icon (as shown in the images of either our Lady with gold or Archangel Michael) by the end of the workshop
SKILL LEVEL: Beginners through to advanced. No prior experience required.
INCLUDED: All materials. Glass of wine/cheese on completion and tea.
NOT INCLUDED: Aprons, accommodation and food. Plenty of food choice in Queenscliff.
Participants must wear protective footwear
• Shared kitchenette
• Free tea, sugar & milk
• Access to art books
• Street parking