TEACHER: Joel Wolter
DATE: Saturday Sep 16
TIME: 10am – 1pm
LOCATION: QG&W art & print studios
COST: $99 (all materials inc.)
QG&W Workshop Warm-ups are designed to give participants a glimpse into various printmaking techniques.
Workshop Warm-up: Intaglio Printmaking is run by professional artist, printer and qualified art teacher, Joel Wolter who will demonstrate the basics as well as his own personal intaglio printmaking tips and techniques. Participants will grasp a general understanding of the intaglio process by the end of this 3 hour Workshop Warm-up and have had the medium explained in detail without the pressure of having to complete a finished artwork.
Although basic and short Workshop Warm-up: Intaglio Printmaking will give you the chance to experience first hand what the technique entails exploring the tools, materials and print methods.
The workshop warm-up is ideal if a participant:
- wants to learn about hand made prints
- is considering a full workshop but not sure if this would suit
- would like to prepare for study in the area of printmaking
- feels like doing something creative that does not involve digital input
- is curious about this printing technique
- would like to try something new or different
- would like something creative to do with a group of friends, students
Participants can expect to:
- experiment with the tools, and various materials and view demonstrations of the intaglio printing methods
- gain a good understanding of the various aspects of intaglio and the associated materials, tools and printing methods
- learn about costs involved to further explore the medium and/or printmaking
- make a basic print
- receive a basic ‘shopping’ list and/or order their own materials
SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED: All levels and experience
INCLUDED: All materials required during the workshop as well as 1 x copperplate to take home, and approx. 3 x pieces of paper for printing