TEACHER: Joel Wolter
DATE: Saturday Sep 2
TIME: 10am – 1pm
LOCATION: QG&W art & print studios
QG&W workshop warm-ups are designed to give participants a glimpse into various printmaking techniques.
Introduction to Printmaking is run by professional artist, printer and qualified art teacher, Joel Wolter who will demonstrate the basics as well as his own personal printmaking tips and techniques. Participants will grasp a general understanding of the various printmaking techniques by the end of this 3 hour workshop warm-up.
Workshop warm-ups provide a detailed explanation about printmaking in a cost effective way and without the pressure of having to complete a finished artwork.
Introduction to Printmaking aims to provide an overall insight into the methods; linocut, monoprint, unique state, and basic intaglio. Participants get the chance to ‘feel’ what might suit them by handling and experimenting with the various tools and materials and then watching Joel demonstrate these various methods of printing.
Although a basic and short information session you will have the chance to experience first hand what the technique entails exploring the tools, materials and print methods.
Participants will be able to clearly evaluate whether they would like to progress to a full day workshop in the medium most appealing to them.
The workshop warm-up is ideal if a participant:
- wants to learn about hand made prints
- is considering a full workshop but not sure which one would suit
- would like to prepare for study in the area of printmaking
- feels like doing something creative that does not involve digital input
- is curious about a printing technique
- would like to try something new or different
- would like something creative to do with a group of friends, students
Participants can expect to:
- experiment with the tools, and various materials and watch Joel demonstrate the various printing methods
- gain a good understanding of the various techniques and associated materials, tools and printing methods
- learn about costs involved to further explore printmaking
- learn how a basic print is made
- receive a basic ‘shopping’ list and/or order their own materials
SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED: All levels and experience
Read more: https://qgw.com.au/event/introduction-to-printmaking/