What is on offer?
Geelong Design Week will return in 2021 with the theme Unpredictable.
We’re now calling for organisations, groups and individuals to host events for Geelong Design Week 2021.
Events will champion Geelong’s UNESCO City of Design designation, highlighting innovation, ideas and adaptations in:
- Technology, innovation and manufacturing
- Culture and heritage
- Social and community services
- Equity, inclusiveness and encounter in the built environment: how we experience buildings and the spaces between them
- Learning, knowledge and research
- Sustainability: human, social, economic, environmental and ecological
- Food and gastronomy
- Art, craft, fashion, visual communication and multimedia
Geelong Design Week 2021 will demonstrate resourceful adaptation that turns challenges into opportunities. It will celebrate clever and creative human environment design that turns obstacles into building blocks. It will showcase our capacity to design and build real and virtual communities where we can interact safely.
As part of the program, your event will receive:
- Event listing in the Geelong Design Week program
- Geelong Design Week logo to use in your event’s marketing and communications
- An invitation to the official Geelong Design Week launch
- Inclusion in a dedicated social media campaign promoting Geelong Design Week
- Print and online advertising across a range of media outlets, within promotion of the overall Geelong Design Week program
- Event hosting support from the Geelong Design Week team
We are also assisting potential event hosts during the application process with a series of ‘drop-in’ sessions. If you would like to discuss your application further or have a question to ask, please register to attend one of these sessions. Click HERE to view dates and times.