What is on offer?
Do you love the smell of your own thoughts? Can you collaborate with others to create new stories? Do you like to challenge yourself and others? Do you have curiosity? Are you excited by your own and others potential? Are you interested and inspired by contemporary issues? Do you value possibility? Do you have perseverance and patience?
Back to Back Theatre are looking for a new person to join the Back to Back acting ensemble to help us make and perform new theatre works, tv shows and films.
Ensemble members must have an intellectual disability, be able to work at least three days per week at our studio in Geelong and be able to tour with the company in Australia and overseas.
You don’t need to have any professional acting experience to audition.
Who can audition for the ensemble?
Anyone can audition for the ensemble, if they have an intellectual disability and can answer yes to the following questions:
- Do you a passion for theatre, film and TV?
- Are you over 18 years old?
- Are you eligible for employment assistance through Centrelink?
- Would you be able to work 2-5 days a week in a professional environment?
- Are you willing to go on tour, work evenings and weekends when needed?
- Can you arrange travel to and from work in Geelong?
- Will you agree to an Individual Employment Plan?
Who are Back to Back Theatre?
Back to Back Theatre are a professional theatre company based in Geelong and employs an ensemble of six actors with intellectual disabilities.
We have been creating work since 1987 and have made over 24 shows and toured around the world.
Back to Back Theatre
- Makes new work for theatre
- Performs shows in Geelong, interstate and overseas
- Undertakes theatre projects with communities, such as Theatre of Speed, CAMP and The Democratic Set
- Provides training and professional development for actors
- Collaborates with other artists
We will be holding open workshops on the 6th and 7th of August to meet all potential ensemble members. If you would like to attend contact Erin Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5221 2029.