What is on offer?
We are committed to working together for a thriving community. We do this by delivering over 130 services to our rapidly growing population and working hard to protect and improve what it is that makes Greater Geelong such a great place to live.
We’re going through an exciting period of change that will help us serve our community better. From digital modernisation to the contemporary office we’re building in Central Geelong, now more than ever is a great time to join our diverse and inclusive team.
About the Role
In this role you will be working in the Arts & Culture team and will provide direct support to the delivery of key outcomes in the Public Art Strategy. Working across a broad range of public art programmes you will respond to new project opportunities from internal departments and external community partners. You will also assist in creating project proposals and plans and assist in project delivery of approved projects. In addition you will assist the Senior Public Art Officer in maintaining accurate project records, project management tasks and liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being a key contact for internal and external partners who are wishing to develop a Public Art project proposal.
- Supporting the development and management of project documentation from project proposal, project delivery and project evaluation stages.
- Assisting the Senior Public Art Officer to evaluate proposals in line with Public Art Strategy objectives and within available resources.
- Providing project information to Arts &Culture staff managing the Arts &Culture trails app to ensure completed projects are effectively documented and available for online platforms.
- Engaging with project partners and coordinating public art launch events as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualification in Arts and/or other related area.
- Demonstrated experience supporting the delivery of arts and culture projects, services and programmes, ideally within a local government context.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining project management tools and templates.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the benefits of:
- flexible work arrangements
- paid parental leave (14 weeks)
- a healthy and safe environment
- our employee wellbeing program
- discounted memberships at Swim Sport and Leisure facilities
- career development opportunities.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.
Applications close 5:00pm Wednesday 28 October 2020.
City of Greater Geelong values equal opportunity, fairness and enjoys a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, and people of all other cultural backgrounds.