What is on offer?
The Roving Curator Program supports the development of quality cultural exhibitions in Victoria. The program provides small museums, galleries, libraries and keeping places with exhibition development assistance from AMaGA Victoria Roving Curator, including several days of professional on-site advice as well as follow-up support.
Applications for the 2020 round of the Roving Curator Program are now open and close on 17 October 2019. Learn more by checking out the guidelines. You can get assistance with the following:
- Development of policies to guide exhibitions and interpretive programs
- Developing ideas and themes for exhibitions
- Assistance in sourcing funding opportunities and advice on grant writing
- Assistance with research strategies for sourcing information, objects and images for an exhibition
- Assistance with planning an exhibition
- Help planning a touring exhibition
- Training on label writing, including preparation of sample labels and feedback on exhibition text
- Training on label making and supports for images and objects
- Advice on budgeting for an exhibition
- Assistance with writing a media release, putting together an exhibition marketing plan
- Assistance with evaluation of exhibitions
For further information about how the program works or to discuss your exhibition idea, please email Roving Curator – Kitty Owens, or contact the AMaGA Victoria office on 8341 7344.