What is on offer?
The COVID-19 pandemic has created intense financial hardship for artists, crew and music workers across all genres. Many were the first to lose jobs and income, and the arts sector could well be the last to recover.
Support Act has expanded its services to offer Crisis Relief to music industry professionals impacted by COVID-19. This additional funding enables the organisation to offer crisis relief to:
- musicians, crew and music workers who are unable to access Government benefits due to eligibility or other issues, and
- music workers who have been able to access Government benefits but are still facing financial hardship.
They continue to provide support to those who are suffering financial hardship as a result of injury, ill-health or a mental health issue that is managed through a current Mental Health plan.
There is no deadline to apply, however, it is encouraged those experiencing hardship should submit an application as soon as possible. Their social workers will then contact you to discuss your application.
Please note: Support Act does not provide assistance for businesses, and cannot provide funding for office or studio rent, purchase of musical equipment, payment of staff etc.
Who is eligible and what is required?To be eligible for a Crisis Relief Grant, you must:
* Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid working visa
* Prove that you have been working in the music industry for three years
* Provide names and details of two professional referees
* Have household expenses which are greater than your household income.