Description of Venue
The Bannockburn Cultural Centre has been operational since May 2012, and is built where the previous public hall was located. The modern building and colour scheme was designed to compliment the surrounding natural environment, while providing dedicated spaces for use by young people, community groups, businesses, residents, families and training providers.
This mission has been accomplished with a range of activities such as Tai Chi, Zumba, Scouts, Karate, dance classes, cheer-leading classes, disability activities, seniors activities, job network provider services, plus a dedicated youth centre.
Casual hire of the various rooms and the hall are also available for private functions such as birthday parties, reunions, meetings, exhibitions, performances and concerts.
The venue features:
- A main hall with a demountable stage which comes in six sections, allowing for a variety of stage sizes and configurations. Each section measures 1.2 x 2.4 metres
- PA system
- Projector and main screen for presentations
- Kitchen which is also attached to the hall by a servery window allowing for ease of food presentation
- Four meeting rooms of varying sizes with access to whiteboards and a projector in Meeting Room 3. Meeting rooms 4 and 5 can be converted to one large room by folding back the room divider. Meeting Room 1 is a small space suitable for interviews or consultancies
- Passageway between the meeting rooms is available as an exhibition space, as is the foyer, which includes a basic kitchenette. Exhibition enquiries can be directed to the Golden Plains Arts and Culture Officer on 52207212
- Outdoor amphitheatre with lighting for performances and concerts.
Additional features that set this venue apart include a dedicated youth space with multimedia facilities and musical instruments which can be hired for youth activities.
Street parking is available.